none
Security.Permissions in .net framework RRS feed

• Question

• I am makeing a .net windows app and when i call environment.exit() is tells me that i have a .net security issue with security.permission.securitypermission. I was wondering how that i can set up the framework so that the code will work. I read that i can name my assembly and give it full trust but i am not sure how to do that either. Any Help is appreciated 
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 7:08 PM

Answers

• Certificates can't solve this problem.  Caspol.exe can, .NET 3.5 SP1 can, ClickOnce can, installing to local drive can.  Pick one.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Kashwmu Friday, December 5, 2008 8:57 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2008 7:40 PM

All replies

• Assign trust with the Caspol.exe utility.
    Hans Passant.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 2:00 PM
  • OK, i found a book with some answers about that but the problem is that the .exe is on a network share that we do hot have full access to without some trouble. I have contacted them about this but i had a question about making a certificate that i could send out with the program but i do not have much knowledge on that subject. Is this something that is feasible? Thanks for your assistance.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 7:26 PM
  • Certificates can't solve this problem.  Caspol.exe can, .NET 3.5 SP1 can, ClickOnce can, installing to local drive can.  Pick one.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Kashwmu Friday, December 5, 2008 8:57 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2008 7:40 PM
  •  Thank you for your help.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 8:57 PM