Expression Web 4 view changes in different versions of IE RRS feed

• Question

• When i post my web work from Expression Web 4 and view it on my main computer using IE9 the text in the template is fine and close, but if I view it on a computer using IE7 there is a large gap between the top text and the first table. Any idea what gives besides updating to IE9 on all computers?
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:44 AM

All replies

• Different browsers have different defaults (if you don't explicitly specify them) for things like margins, paddings, and sizes for elements.  And, different browsers display things differently beyond that just because ... they are different browsers.

Your job is to learn to design your site so it looks good (not necessarily identical, but close) in all the major browsers.

As to specific answers for your site - well, we can't possibly tell you since we have no idea what your site is.

Rather obviously, updating your browser to IE9 only fixes the site if you are the only one viewing it or if you control all the computers of users viewing it. Otherwise, you need to check your site not just in different versions of IE, but in all the major browsers.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:06 AM
  • To amplify upon what Kathy has said, please see Four Design Considerations Every Client Should Know. Clients do need to understand those issues, but it should be obvious that developers must also understand them.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:56 AM