none
Copying data from Host to remote desktop session RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I hope this is the correct site to ask this question.  

I am using a remote desktop session to access computer a.  The remote desktop session is hosted on computer b.  I have Word 2010 running on both machines.  I was able to copy data from computer a.word document to computer b.word document and copy data from computer b.word document to computer a.word document.   I didnt have a problem copying data either way.  They are both XP same sp and same version etc.

I rebooted computer a.

I can now (using remote desktop session on computer b)  copy data from computer a.word document to computer b.word document.  I now cannot copy data from computer b.word document to computer a.word document.

I have the clipboard running on both computers.  There were no changes made to computer a or computer b configurations so what has caused the change in the ability to move data between computer b and computer a?  I know this should be easy but.....

Thanks for any help!

Friday, March 4, 2011 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hello Tom,

Thanks for posting. From what you said, I am afraid that this forum is not the best place for this issue. Actually, I also could not find an appropriate forum for this issue. However, you could try to ask in remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) forum. Although it is a forum for Windows Server, you will probably get some information there.

Based on my limited knowledge, I'd like to suggest you could also reboot computer a, and configure remote desktop again. Have you tried to clear the clipboard?

Also you could try to ask in Answer site for Word end-users question: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word.

If you have any concern on this issue, just feel free to follow up. Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, March 11, 2011 10:22 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:39 AM