ISR/DPC differences between WPA and XPerf RRS feed

• Question

• I started using ETWController for trace collection as it has the ability to capture keyboard and mouse input. The tool works great until you try to collect a trace while the system is under heavy load and then it missing much of the action. So what I have been trying to do is line up the keyboard input as shown in the trace with other items in the same trace. Once I have done this I will use an Xperf trace to look for these other items I found in the WPR trace. To capture the Xperf trace I am using the log.cmd file found in the gpuview folder found after downloading the Windows 10 SDK.<o:p></o:p>

A problem that I saw right away is that we get different DPC/ISR results from each of these tools. See below. It is the same system performing the exact same activity. Have you come across this issue? The main items that I need to add to the Xperf trace is hidi2c.sys and iaLPSS2i_I2C.sys. Do you know the correct provider(s) to add for these? What is the best way to add the providers to log.cmd file?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks!<o:p></o:p>

Glen<o:p></o:p>

ETWController

<o:p></o:p>

Xperf (log.cmd)

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:32 AM