none
Barcode reader RRS feed

• Question

• I need to read the barcode programatically, i.e., the e-document/image can have a barcode at any place,i have to retrieve the details of the barcode number.

Thankyou

Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:16 PM

Answers

• There a handful of standards in barcodes. i.e. EAN-13, EAN-128, UPC and the list goes on. Each standard has its own encoding features. You won't get any magic solution here. You should first resarch a little, figure out which kind of barcode you wan't to decode and then ask more specific and objectives questions here.

All you will get here are links to some articles, which you also can find in google.

Regards,

Fábio

"To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
    • Proposed as answer by Helen Zhou Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:05 AM
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:49 PM

All replies

• I would check with the barcode manaufacture to see if they offer any code to grab the data you need.
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:43 PM
  • There a handful of standards in barcodes. i.e. EAN-13, EAN-128, UPC and the list goes on. Each standard has its own encoding features. You won't get any magic solution here. You should first resarch a little, figure out which kind of barcode you wan't to decode and then ask more specific and objectives questions here.

All you will get here are links to some articles, which you also can find in google.

Regards,

Fábio

"To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
    • Proposed as answer by Helen Zhou Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:05 AM
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:49 PM