Mutliple Attachment Filed for an list item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I am having requirement where I need to have allow users to upload multiple attachment for a share point list item.Don't get confuse by multiple attachments , I will explain you in bit detail, First time when user comes and enter new item to the  share point list then he will attach some template documents and next time he comes he can upload the maintenance documents to the same item but it should be some how differentiated because i want to build an work flow based on documents an email will be triggered to different persons for an approval , why i am using an list instead of work flow means both the documents belongs to the same project.

Is there any way we can differentiate the attachments column in the share point list or any way can we have two attachments section for a same share point list item i mean when user enter newform .aspx he can see two fields of attachments section where he can upload the docs based on respective fields.

Please can any body help me!!

Advance Thanks!!

Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is easier to create a separate document library and categorise documents (i.e. maintenance, etc) and associating each document with the list item as lookup column. You could also extend this futher by creating a page with two webparts (list item record and document library through webpart connection and list item ID parameter).

-- techChirag
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:37 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, but user will attach the documents at one place , I mean like when they edit the list item they will attach the documents because based on the documents attached a work flow will run on back ground. According to you, user has to create list item first then upload the document in the document library and then look up the list item it but I am looking if we can have multiple attachment  filed for an list item.

SPsRocks
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 4:52 AM