Coded UI Test Report(Html Report) is overriding the previous run iterations and displaying only the last iteration results RRS feed

• Question

• Coded UI Test Report(Html Report) is overriding the previous run iterations and displaying only the last iteration results.

But the same test method works very well in different machine where I get results for all the iterations executed. I am using the app.config file, where I have used below code for html report.

<system.diagnostics>

<switches>
    <!--Use 0 for off, 1 for error, 2 for warn, 3 for info, and 4 for verbose -->
    <add name="EqtTraceLevel" value="2"/>
    </switches>
    </system.diagnostics>

Am not sure why this strange issue occurs at one machine but the same works in other machines. Am I missing something?.

Monday, January 8, 2018 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Rajeev1989g,

What version of Visual Studio do you use?

Based on your description, I am using the App.config file and test in my side with Visual Studio 2017, it works well.

I suggest you create a new test method in that machine, check the result.

If the new test method generated the test result normal, it might be caused by your test method. Please check it. Otherwise, please have a try with the following to troubleshoot this issue:

Go to the VS 2017 installation location, usually locates C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\xxx\Common7\IDE and run “devenv /safemode”, run the VS as safe, if it works fine that means the installed extensions may be corrupted the VS, please go to Tool—Extensions and Updates… and remove all installed extensions one by one to find the culprit.

Run the command: devenv /resetsettings and disable/uninstall the installed extensions, if you have any customize setting, please go to Tools-Import and Export settings… to export your current settings, after this issue is solved and import the store setting back.

Run the command: devenv /resetuserdata.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rajeev1989g Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajeev1989g,

What version of Visual Studio do you use?

Based on your description, I am using the App.config file and test in my side with Visual Studio 2017, it works well.

I suggest you create a new test method in that machine, check the result.

If the new test method generated the test result normal, it might be caused by your test method. Please check it. Otherwise, please have a try with the following to troubleshoot this issue:

Go to the VS 2017 installation location, usually locates C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\xxx\Common7\IDE and run “devenv /safemode”, run the VS as safe, if it works fine that means the installed extensions may be corrupted the VS, please go to Tool—Extensions and Updates… and remove all installed extensions one by one to find the culprit.

Run the command: devenv /resetsettings and disable/uninstall the installed extensions, if you have any customize setting, please go to Tools-Import and Export settings… to export your current settings, after this issue is solved and import the store setting back.

Run the command: devenv /resetuserdata.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rajeev1989g Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:56 AM
  • Thanks Very much and It worked after disabling the extensions and resetting the settings to default.
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:34 AM
  • Hi Rajeev1989g,

Glad your problem has been resolved.

And you could mark the reply as an answer, which could help others who have the same problem.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:41 AM