none
SSRS 2008 - Report Headers RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to create a report header in a ssrs 2008 rdlc file.  I found that the only way that you can create a report header is by creating a page header with a rectangle that has the visibility hidden value set to '=IIf( Globals!PageNumber = 1, false, true)'.  The header only shows up on the first page, but then subsequent pages have that same rectangle area with white space.  How can you get this white space to be compressed so that only the body shows and the page header (aka. report header) shows up only on the first page?

Thanks,
    Amy
    Monday, July 27, 2009 5:31 PM

All replies

• I found some place that you need to set the report properity 'consumecontainerwhitespace' to true, but the rdlc report properties doesn't have that property listed.  Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to suppress white space?

Thanks,
    Amy
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:05 PM
  • Hi Ahaiken,
         The way you are doing with visibility property of the control(s) is ok. Just make one more chnage i.e. set the Height of Page Header is 1Inch.
    It will give expected output

Aftab Ansari
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:49 AM
  • This doesn't work. You cannot make it smaller than the minimum space required to hold all the controls of page header.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:43 AM
  • Unfortunately, as Syed pointed out, that doesn't work.  Does anybody else have a proposed solution?

Matthew Purtill
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:11 PM