none
creating a custom CD Menu RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a custom CD menu for my presentation CD, would be gratful if you could give me some advice
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:03 AM

Answers

• If you'd like to use Small Basic for this, you need to use the Data Extension, made by Oskariok. Download from http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbasic/thread/d001e5ab-5180-49c6-9894-8d16f6a65e0b. To install it:

1. Download the application

2. Run the application and install the data extension

3. Open Small Basic

To get started, here's an example code to get the files on a cd:

GameWindow.ReplaceGraphicsWindow()

GameWindow.Title = "CD Read"

GameWindow.BackgroundColor = "Gray"

GameWindow.Maximisize()

drive = Dialogs.AskForTextLine("Enter the disk drive letter:", "Disk Drive")

files = File.GetFiles(drive)

For i = 1 To Array.GetItemCount(files)

top = top + 20

name = FilePlus.GetFileName(files[i]) + FilePlus.GetFileExtension(files[i])

GameControls2D.AddText(name, 5, top, "Times New Roman", 15, "False", "True")

EndFor

So just copy and paste that. Tell me if the code doesn't work, because I don't really have any CDs around to test with.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:22 AM

All replies

• If you'd like to use Small Basic for this, you need to use the Data Extension, made by Oskariok. Download from http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbasic/thread/d001e5ab-5180-49c6-9894-8d16f6a65e0b. To install it:

1. Download the application

2. Run the application and install the data extension

3. Open Small Basic

To get started, here's an example code to get the files on a cd:

GameWindow.ReplaceGraphicsWindow()

GameWindow.Title = "CD Read"

GameWindow.BackgroundColor = "Gray"

GameWindow.Maximisize()

drive = Dialogs.AskForTextLine("Enter the disk drive letter:", "Disk Drive")

files = File.GetFiles(drive)

For i = 1 To Array.GetItemCount(files)

top = top + 20

name = FilePlus.GetFileName(files[i]) + FilePlus.GetFileExtension(files[i])

GameControls2D.AddText(name, 5, top, "Times New Roman", 15, "False", "True")

EndFor

So just copy and paste that. Tell me if the code doesn't work, because I don't really have any CDs around to test with.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:22 AM
  • Sorry, forgot to mention. You don't need to use the gamewindow, but you do if you want to play media files. Here's an example for playing media files. Press the import button near the top of Small Basic, and copy+paste the code below into the box. Then click ok.

VPV978

Run the code, then open an audio/media file. Then click play!

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:34 AM