none
What is the Skeleton Position RRS feed

• Question

• Can you provide me any information how the "Position" property of a SkeletonData object is calculated? Is it the center of mass or just the average of all joint positions? Would be helpfull to know how it is calculated or which position it realy expressed.

Thanks in advance.

Medinect

• Edited by MediNect Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:07 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• The sdk just creates the skeleton and position data from the kinect hardware's data but i think a kinect team member would be more likely to answer that question in better terms.

Im using the position data for my kinect multipoint project when is like the kinect mouse project on codeplex except for multiple mouse instead of one.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:35 PM
  • The SkeletonData.Position property returns SkeletonData.Joints[JointID.HipCenter].Position; 
    • Proposed as answer by ykbharat Sunday, May 6, 2012 12:52 PM
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 8:55 PM
  • This is not true !!!

With a simple test you could see that the skeleton.Position and skeleton.Joints[JointType.HipCenter].Position are differents.

Before answare a question, be sure that it is correct.

Ewerton Luis de Mattos A Brazilian developer with a bad English.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:15 PM
  • Most likely it is the Center of Mass from the identified User.

You also get this position without active skeleton tracking, so it cant be an average of all joints.
    Monday, November 26, 2012 12:28 PM