none
Logging Error Messages in CCF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to update add.config in my Desktop application so that errors are logged into server side error log file and not error log file on the end user PC.

How do I change app.config file from the following entries into entries that will allow me store error/info messages into server side log file. There is zero information on MSFT site.

<Common.Listeners>

<listeners>

<add name="LoggingErrorMessage" type="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers.LoggingErrorMessage, Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers" />

<add name="LoggingLogFile" type="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers.LoggingLogFile, Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers" logfile="c:\CCF.log" appname="Customer Care Framework" />

</listeners>

</Common.Listeners>

Thanks,

Konstantin.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 10:42 PM

All replies

• I have a few more questions on similar lines:

1) What is that I need to add in the configuration file in order to log entries into event viewer.

Currently I have added the listener configuration as given below but it does not seem to work.

<Common.Listeners>

<listeners>

<add name="LoggingLogFile" type="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers.LoggingLogFile, Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers" logfile="c:\CCF1.log" appname="Customer Care Framework" />

<add name="LoggingEventLog" type="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers.LoggingEventLog, Microsoft.Ccf.Common.Logging.Providers" />

</listeners>

</Common.Listeners>

2) I found there are configurations made even at the server side (admin console) for the listeners. How is it decided wether to read the configuration from the config file or from the server?

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 12:19 PM