9 months in preview .. is GA likely any time soon for Windows Containers in Azure App Service? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a service running in Service Fabric and we have rearchitected it to target Windows Containers running in Azure App Service. We are ready to go live but have been wrong-footed by how long the preview has lasted.

I don't expect a release date to be revealed in a forum, but could someone advise if it would be wasted time to retarget the service to run on Kubernetes or a Container Instance instead? If the release for Win Containers were imminent (next few months) we could happily wait, but longer and we will start to impact our planned feature work.

Hope someone can give a hint or PM me with some info.

Many thanks!

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Fresr,

Thanks for your question. I will reach out internally to the engineering team to see if there is an available timeline and update you shortly. 

-Grace

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:03 PM
  • Hi freshr,

Thanks for your patience. Currently, the engineering team doesn't have a public timeline for GA to share. However, we would like to work with you closely to better understand your work load and use case. Please send us an email at AzCommunity@microsoft.com. We look forward to your response. 

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:25 PM