Not able to see the Web servers and DB servers in Lab Environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We are unable to see the Lab manager  Environments(Web and DB) in MTM Lab Center after the migrating to VS 2012 and TFS 2012 any idea? Also we are unable to add the previous machines from the list as the old machine details are not showing in the system list.

Thanks and Regards,

Guru

• Moved by Lily_WuModerator Friday, October 5, 2012 4:37 AM relate to lab management (From:Testing with Visual Studio Test Manager (MTM))
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Guru,

Please kindly offer me more information about your scenario so that I can better understand your issue:

1). What do you mean by "unable to see the Web and DB lab management environment"? Do you mean when you create a new environment, you can specify the Database Server and Web Server role for the machine? Or..?
    2). Following with the first question, are you able to see these roles when you create a new environment?
    3). If you create a new VM machine in the SCVMM, will it available in the lab center?

Also, please make sure you performed a successfully upgrade from 2010 to 2012. I think you'd better take a look at the following article for a good reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh707966.aspx 

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, October 5, 2012 9:18 AM
  • If you upgraded lab management from 2010 to 2012 successfully, you should be able to access the machines in MTM2012.

Do you follow the articles provided by Vicky?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Guru,

Thank you for your post.

Based on this case relate to VS Lab management, I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

Friday, October 5, 2012 4:36 AM
  • Hi Guru,

Please kindly offer me more information about your scenario so that I can better understand your issue:

1). What do you mean by "unable to see the Web and DB lab management environment"? Do you mean when you create a new environment, you can specify the Database Server and Web Server role for the machine? Or..?
    2). Following with the first question, are you able to see these roles when you create a new environment?
    3). If you create a new VM machine in the SCVMM, will it available in the lab center?

Also, please make sure you performed a successfully upgrade from 2010 to 2012. I think you'd better take a look at the following article for a good reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh707966.aspx 

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Friday, October 5, 2012 9:18 AM
  • Hi,

I just created the new Web server lab environment using new SCVMM option and able to access it. However I'm not sure that what happen to our old Lab environment( Web server)? We cannot see the Lab environment machines in 2012 MTM which you have created in 2010?

Thanks and Regards,

Guru

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:09 AM
  • If you upgraded lab management from 2010 to 2012 successfully, you should be able to access the machines in MTM2012.

Do you follow the articles provided by Vicky?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:19 AM