VS2013 CE + GIT - solution code not the same as unsynced commit RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

I had a working development environment with VS2013 Community, GIT and Azure.

Something got hosed up, and as a result the code in the solution is older than what is in an unsynced commit.

No clue how I got to this point. Git has been problematic for various reason.

Two questions how do I make my solution code the same as what is in the unsynced commit

and

what may have caused this to happen?

EDIT:

When I make an innocuous change to Default.cshtml, GIT does not list the new Default in Changes.

Looking through Windows Explorer, I find the new Default file in a different folder.

Monday, March 7, 2016 4:56 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi wavemaster,

Thanks for your feedback.

According to your description above, I can hardly give precise troubleshooting. It's recommended to check your steps of setting up GitHub to work with Visual Studio 2013, here is the reference: Setting Up GitHub to work with Visual Studio 2013. Perhaps it can give some hints to find the root of this issue.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 8:39 AM