Call Stored Procedure with parameters RRS feed

• Question

• i try to consume a stored procedure which compute complex data based on parameters to a select operation. I use entity model and have created a dummy table for schema. The i create din model a function import with dummy schema as entity.

The reference in SL project is done.
    How i set the parameters ( eg par1, par2) in silverlight BeginExecute?
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    If I get you right, you need to create a Service Operation in order to expose the FunctionImport that you've created.
    About putting parameters to BeginExecute, you need to create the URI with the parameters attached with a ? sign.
    You can look at an example I wrote for BeginExecute with a parameter in the following post:
    http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/gilf/archive/2008/11/14/consuming-data-services-service-operations.aspx
    I hope it will help you.
    Gil Fink
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:42 PM
  • Hi Gil

In your post you mention that

"The service operations aren’t exposed
    in the generated proxy. Probably this feature will be added in the future
    by the ADO.NET team (I hope)."

Does anyone know if this feature has been added or is planned

Cheers

John
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:07 PM
  • Hi John,

Client-side proxy code generation for service operations has not been added yet, and is not expected to make it into the upcoming 1.5 release of ADO.NET Data Services.

However, this is a feature that the team does consider very important, and will be strongly considered for the next release. Unfortunately, the same goes for many, many other features and its difficult to predict how they will all be prioritized moving forward.

Have you been able to get the code working based on Vicente's example?
    Matt Meehan, ADO.NET Data Services (Astoria)
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:54 AM
  • Hi Matt

Yes I got this to work for me.

We are creating an API using the enitity data model and exposing it via data services.(a bit more to it than that)
    The work around is a good solution.

Although client-side proxy code generation would be the ideal.

Cheers

John

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:37 PM