Someone is marking incorrect answers "correct"! RRS feed

• Question

• In my question "How2 change working directory?"

Someone has marked 6 of the answers as "correct"... none of them are.

How do I prevent this from happening?

Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There are some guidelines here, but I think the policy is to mark proposed answers as correct if they look reasonable after a week of inactivity (especially from the original poster).  Often people get an answer and then don't reply leaving loads of questions appearing ununswered, wasting time for people trying to help or serach for previous answers.

Only people with a track record of correctly answering have the priviledge to mark answers, as well as the original poster (OP).

You can always unmark answers to your question, and provide some explanation why it was not correct.

In your case I think the question was answered - you cannot reset a current working directory (this is the answer), and some suggestions how to handle special directories were given.  Your final post comparing with DOS or linux was helpful since now we see you are coming from a shell script context where cwd is a basic feature.  Actually there are no compiled programming languages I know of (C++, C#, java, fortran etc) that have the concept of cwd like you see in shell scripts.

I will propose this as an answer and after a week of inactivity it may get marked as an answer!

• Proposed as answer by litdev Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by WhTurner33Editor Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:49 PM
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:48 AM