none
Customizing Dialogbox for import outlook tasks in project 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I am stucked with Project 2003. Maybe somebody can help me here.
    It is possible to import Outlook-Tasks to Project. This is done via the so called sync funtion in Project under extras - import outlook tasks.
    My question is, as soon as I import Outlook tasks  a Dialogbox appears with ALL Tasks currently in my Tasksfolder in outlook.- So far so good.
    What I want is that only specific Tasks appear, which are located in a specific Tasksfolder.
    I did the following. I created a Tasksfolder(Project) in Outlook and via a VBA Script Tasks with specific wording in the Header are moved to that location. - Works perfectly.
    If I open Project and start the import I can see the Folder(Project) with the tasks, but I also see all other folders and tasks. I dont want that.
    I only want to see the Tasksfolder(Project) with the Tasks in that folder. - Filtertype?

Is there anyway to customize this Dialogbox using filters or not?
    Is there maybe somebody that solved a problem like that?
    Maybe with VBA Code?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Project pro's,

I have found a workaround to this.

1. Create a Folder(Project) in Outlook tasks.

2. Use VBA Code to move  tasks with a specific Subject to this folder(Project).

3. Write VBA Code in Project to import Outlook Tasks from Folder(Project) into Project.  Write the code too also delete those imported task afterwords.

A similar solution is available on this site http://geekswithblogs.net/nestor/archive/2006/12/29/102260.aspx

Thanks to the site.

Modify the code to the above.

Thank you

• Marked as answer by Bretties Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:09 AM