How to change background color of the Metro App tile

Question

• Hi,

I created live tiles for my Metro app. But I couldn't able to figure out how to change the background color of the tiles. Currently , my live tiles were showing the content on black colored background. Please help me to understand how to get different background color for tiles. Also

Thanks,

Suresh

Suresh
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

Your tiles will use the background color of your application.  This is specified in your Manifest in the first Tab.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Thanks Jeff!

I have changed my tile background. The other issue I am facing since the beginning is sometimes the tiles were showing with content broken and sometimes blank tile as shown below:

This is happening only for my app, the rest of the default apps in Windows 8 works fine. Can you suggest me how to fix this.

Thanks,

Suresh

Suresh
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Hi Suresh,

I have seen this when you do not use the correct image size of have changed the XML inappropriately.

What are the parameters you are using for these values?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Hi Jeff,
    Yes I used different sized images for tiles. what are the correct dimensions of the Image for Wide and short tiles?
    I used the Templates TileTemplateType.TileWideImage,TileTemplateType.TileWideText01 and TileTemplateType.TileWideSmallImageAndText02.  I extracted Image element and text elements correctly from Template XMLs and updated.
    Thanks, 

Suresh
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:03 PM
  • Suresh,

You can get the image sizes from the Simple and or Advanced Tile Samples.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:54 PM