visual studio 2012 vs visual studio 2013 RC version RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i want to ask that does visual studio 2013 RC version contains all the functionalities of visual studio 2012??

So can i replace my old visual studio 2012 with this new visual studio 2013 RC version???

thanks

farrukh

Monday, October 14, 2013 7:19 PM

Answers

• The answer to your first question will probably yes. But if it was me, I would rather at least wait until the arrival of RTM before switching all production environment over. Overall stability sometimes is more important than richness of functionality. I know even RTM won't be anything of perfection but it's supposed to be better than a pre-release version, hopefully:)

Cheers, Daniel

• Marked as answer by Kings007 Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:43 AM
  • Thanks for Daniel’s help.

Hi farrukh,

RC version is the final step before the official release. Like Daniel’s suggestion, maybe you could wait for the RTM version to release.

Generally the new 2013 version would support the previous VS2012 version. Of course, it has some new features.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/vstudio/bb386063(v=vs.120).aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kings007 Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:49 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:25 AM

All replies

• The answer to your first question will probably yes. But if it was me, I would rather at least wait until the arrival of RTM before switching all production environment over. Overall stability sometimes is more important than richness of functionality. I know even RTM won't be anything of perfection but it's supposed to be better than a pre-release version, hopefully:)

Cheers, Daniel

• Marked as answer by Kings007 Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:43 AM
  • Thanks for Daniel’s help.

Hi farrukh,

RC version is the final step before the official release. Like Daniel’s suggestion, maybe you could wait for the RTM version to release.

Generally the new 2013 version would support the previous VS2012 version. Of course, it has some new features.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/vstudio/bb386063(v=vs.120).aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kings007 Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:49 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:25 AM