Tempdb is growing crazy due to replicating data to ther SQL server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having issues with my SQL 2012 where the temp is growing crazy during replicating the data to other SQL 2012 server. The actual DB is 5GB and the tempdb approaches upto 200GB. I have to restart the server to bring the rest the tempdb but it grows back again...The log reports following errors...

The activated proc '[dbo].[spDRSMsgBuilderActivation]' running on queue 'CM_ABC.dbo.ConfigMgrDRSMsgBuilderQueue' output the following:  'ERROR 3961, Level 16, State 1, Procedure spDRSSendChangesForGroup, Line 1, Message: Snapshot isolation transaction failed in database 'CM_ABC' because the object accessed by the statement has been modified by a DDL statement in another concurrent transaction since the start of this transaction.  It is disallowed because the metadata is not versioned. A concurrent update to metadata can lead to inconsistency if mixed with snapshot isolation.'

spid32s     The activated proc '[dbo].[spDRSMsgBuilderActivation]' running on queue 'CM_ABC.dbo.ConfigMgrDRSMsgBuilderQueue' output the following:  'ERROR: Sync of type Configuration Data failed, see previous messages for details.'

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It sounds like read committed snapshot isolation is enabled on the database, or the stored procedure uses snapshot isolation.

Snapshot and read committed snapshot consume Tempdb, so turning it off should reduce the contention.

http://www.dbnewsfeed.com

• Proposed as answer by Fanny Liu Monday, February 11, 2013 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fanny Liu Friday, February 15, 2013 8:12 AM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:10 AM