Which version of Lightswitch for sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've read the forum postings but I'm still confused!

Which is the best version of Lightswitch to use for developing form-based apps (surveys, booking systems etc) that will be hosted as HTML on SharePoint 2010?

Is there any advantage to using VS2013?  Or would it be easier to stick with VS2012?  Or even Lightswitch 2011?

I'd prefer the apps to have a SP2010 look and feel.

Thanks!

Rob Schifreen SharePoint 2010 Admin University of Brighton, UK

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:51 AM

All replies

• Quite frankly, with all the variables I have no clue what works with what going back. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to create a simple test app and try to debug/ or test deploy.

It is not just the SharePoint, Visual Studio and LightSwitch project versions that affect this.

The strong preference from the LightSwitch side would be to go with VS2013 Update 1 and LightSwitch v4.0. The LightSwitch v4.5 that comes with Office Dev Tools March'14 Update has some good advantages but also some issues at the moment. Add to that the VS2013 Update 2 is in CTP, I am not sure when fixes for these issues will be rolled-out.

Dave

from the Thames Valley

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Friday, April 4, 2014 11:45 AM