Child menu scroll bar does not appear on phone RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Contacts screen with child screens for Addresses, Phones, etc. The links to the child screens are listed horizontally at the top with a scroll bar to move left/right to see the options.

The scroll bar appears correctly on the desktop, with the browser window shrunk to phone-size, but on the actual phone, the scroll bar does not appear, so there's no way to view the options that are off-screen.

Any idea how to get the scroll bar to appear correctly?

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S with Gingerbread OS and Android 2 browser.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Code Bot,

Unfortunately you are hitting a limitation of the Browser on Android 2.x devices. You will hit the same problem if you are trying to write a custom HTML application. Sorry for not being able to help.

Heinrich

• Proposed as answer by Heinrich M. Wendel Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:33 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:56 AM

All replies

• try swiping/flipping thru the menu (left to right or the other way around)... i had the same behavior on Windows Phone and you can actually scroll thru it...
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:19 AM
  • I did discover that in the FF browser... sadly, the native browser does not seem to work the same way. Is there any setting I can change that might affect this?
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:08 PM
  • Hi Code Bot,

Unfortunately you are hitting a limitation of the Browser on Android 2.x devices. You will hit the same problem if you are trying to write a custom HTML application. Sorry for not being able to help.

Heinrich

• Proposed as answer by Heinrich M. Wendel Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:33 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:56 AM