none
Korean Font Catalog Items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to bring in Gulim font file (gulim_1_60) to compact 7 and I want to know what this MSDN article is referring to when it says "you must change the file name to the standard font file name before you can use it in a run-time image. For example, change Gulim_1_60.ttc to Malgun.ttf. "

So I have 2 files in the "%_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\Oak\Files directory." : Gulim_1_60.ttc and Gulim_1_60.ac3.

So If I enable ac3 font compression does that mean that I select the "Malgun Gothic" from the UI font catalog item in platform builder, but then just rename the file Gulim_1_60.ac3 to Malgun.ttf ?

Thanks

• Edited by _3AM Monday, February 15, 2016 6:47 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 6:41 PM

Answers

• Let me start by stating that I don't know anything about Korean fonts.  But since nobody responded yesterday I will jump in.

You should first check common.bib to see if it already renames the file, which it does - but to gulim.ttc.  So the first thing to do is try it.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Eurotech

• Marked as answer by _3AM Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:23 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• Let me start by stating that I don't know anything about Korean fonts.  But since nobody responded yesterday I will jump in.

You should first check common.bib to see if it already renames the file, which it does - but to gulim.ttc.  So the first thing to do is try it.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Eurotech

• Marked as answer by _3AM Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:23 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Thanks for pointing me to common.bib, which is a great way to see what is actually being included (what Sysgen Variables from the catalog are being listened to). Basically I couldn't get it to do what I want, which is to include the AC3 file. So I just put an entry in osdesign.bib "FILES" section to copy my file out to the CE Windows directory and then I modified the fontlink registry entries to point to the font. There are probably way cleaner ways of doing this.

• Edited by _3AM Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:21 PM