Scriptaculous drag/drop and code-behind RRS feed

• Question

• User1109702025 posted

Hello,

Don't know if I'm in the right section, so feel free to redirect me if necessary.

I use scriptaculous's drag/drop to reorder a list in my asp.net (vb) project as on this page: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Scriptaculous___ASPNET.aspx

Keep in mind that my list is in an update panel.

Let say - for example - that my initial list is : cat, dog, bird

I works perfectly: each time that I drag/drop, I've got my sql query reordering the data.

It's now (both graphically and in DB) : cat, bird, dog

The thing is that each time that I click on any controller after that (like: "add another animal"), the list is reordering itself back like before I drag/drop (cat, dog, bird), but only graphically, because if I hit refresh now the list is really as I wanted after my drag/drop (cat, bird, dog).

I think that I would need to do some code-behind task after my drag/drop to reload the list from the DB and update my updatepanel, but I just can't figure out how my scriptaculous's drag/drop action could trigger an asp.net code-behind event.

Anybody can help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:43 PM

All replies

• User1109702025 posted

Hi everybody,

Any help? Do you need more details or can you redirect me in the right forum section, please? I need - at least - a starting point.

Thanks

Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:55 PM