none
Inserting rows when using OFFSET formula RRS feed

• Question

• I created 2 tables:<o:p></o:p>

Table 1 is the source table (main table)<o:p></o:p>

Table 2 is a table which column A and B should be identical to column A and B of table 1.<o:p></o:p>

Table 1 has column A,B,C,D and E<o:p></o:p>

Table 2 has columns A,B (same as table 1 so i used OFFSET formula) columns C,D and E which
    are different from columns from table 1<o:p></o:p>

the problem, while I add a new row in table 1 , it will be added to Table 2 but the text
    in column C, D and E will not move with its original row as it was related
    before adding the new row. the text in column C,D and E will be on the same row
    of the new row in case i inserted the new row above.<o:p></o:p>

So how can i able to insert a row on Table 1 and the related text of this row in table 2 will continue to appears on the same row?<o:p></o:p>

Sunday, November 23, 2014 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Liran,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

>>the problem, while I add a new row in table 1 , it will be added to Table 2 but the text
    in column C, D and E will not move with its original row as it was related
    before adding the new row. the text in column C,D and E will be on the same row
    of the new row in case i inserted the new row above.<<

It seems that you want to duplicate some column of a table on another worksheet. If I understood correctly, you can insert a table link to the table from other worksheet via Data->Existing Connections->Tables->Choose the table you want to link like figure below:

Then you can delete the other column you don't want, and every time you change the datasource you can referesh the linktable to display the latest value.

And if you have any other end-user issues using Excel, you can reopen a new thread in Excel IT Pro Discussions to get more effective response.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:52 AM