none
Could not load file or assembly '<corelib>, Version=1.2013.828.14, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have .NET custom *.dll, for my developing application.

I used this dll in web application, deployed in IIS7, It is working for a while, after that following error displaying.

Same dll working fine for other web application.

"Could not load file or assembly 'corelib, Version=1.2013.828.14, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Please help me who to resolve this

dll developed on

Thanks & Regards.

RK

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

"Could not load file or assembly 'corelib, Version=1.2013.828.14, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

When occur this error, it seems that there are two possible reasons.

1) When you run your webapp, you still use the old assemblies somewhere on your machines.  Your old assemblies were referencing the old assembly 'corelib, Version=1.2013.828.14, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null'

2) The latest binary you built is still referencing the old assembly "corelib, Version=1.2013.828.14, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=null". 

To find out what assemblies your webapp using, if you are running a debugger, you can easily find it out from the output windows. It should be first few lines of the output. Another way to find out is to open the Module windows in VS.NET IDE during debugging.

If you cannot debug it for some reasons or you have problems to attach a debugger, another easier way to do is to use fuslogvw.  It gives you the exact locations of all successfully loaded assemblis as well as the assemblies that it failed to load.  Please make sure you run the fuslogvw as Administrator in Windows 7.

After you find out what assemblies your webapp successfully loaded, you can do ildasm on those assemblies to see what assemblies they are referencing.  You need to check them one by one unfortunately.

My guess is that some of your successfully loaded assemblies are actually coming from somewhere in the ASP.NET cache or GAC.

And this forums is used for the WCF, Serialization, and Networking, if your question still can not solved, it will be better if you post your question in the asp.net forums.

#asp.net forums:
    http://forums.asp.net/ .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:40 AM