Convert VB 2005 solution to ASP 2005 solution RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody knows if there is a converter between VB 2005 solution to ASP 2005 solution?

i have a VB 2005 solution and i need to convert to ASP 2005 solution . Is there a way to do this?

Please give me a suggestion.

tks .

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:24 PM

Answers

• Unclear. If you mean to convert a Windows Forms to an ASP.NET application you are unlikely to find this as the architecture of these two kinds of apps is very different.

The whole context could help (for example you could use ClickOnce to install a Windows Forms application from a web server).

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".
    • Proposed as answer by Liliane Teng Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Liliane Teng Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:29 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:13 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by ASP 2005. Are you trying to convert a windows form application to web application?
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:50 AM
  • Unclear. If you mean to convert a Windows Forms to an ASP.NET application you are unlikely to find this as the architecture of these two kinds of apps is very different.

The whole context could help (for example you could use ClickOnce to install a Windows Forms application from a web server).

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".
    • Proposed as answer by Liliane Teng Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Liliane Teng Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:29 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:13 AM
  • yes, I'm .

I imagined that there were a third party tool to do this .

tks!

LUCIANA

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 7:30 PM
  • There is no such tool which will help you convert windows based applications to web applications. But if you are following the best practices and patterns suggested by Microsoft and developers world wide, your changes will be very minimal.

Following a well structured 3 tier approach with MVP pattern in your application will help you to migrate them across windows and web easily by just replacing the view model. For more information please read the below documentations.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/practices/default.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647543.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc188690.aspx

Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:41 AM
  • There is no such tool which will help you convert windows based applications to web applications. But if you are following the best practices and patterns suggested by Microsoft and developers world wide, your changes will be very minimal.

But who does. Beside that is the gap of the state (has state and has no state) mostly so far in the design (and otherwise mostly not working optimal) that it will not be easy. It is about Forms to ASP.Net version 2005.

The only thing you can use then are then probably only the non UI and DataLayer classes.

Only when you start with the design that it should go on Web, Desktop and Phone, it is probably easier, but never easy.

Just my thougth.

Success
    Cor
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:52 AM