none
No WCF Data Service item. Do I need to install a SDK?

Question

• Hi All,

I am using the Visual Studio 2017 and have noticed there is no WCF Data Service item. I use the WCF Data Service item a lot within my Visual Studio projects and wanted to know why it is not in Visual Studio 2017, or maybe I need to install additional items like SDK's.

1) The WCF Data Service item within Visual Studio 2015:

2) No WCF Data Service item within Visual Studio 2017:

I hope you can help
    Colin

• Edited by ceBlueSky Monday, March 06, 2017 4:39 PM
    Monday, March 06, 2017 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Colin,

According to your description, in my VS2015 and VS2017 are both not have WCF Data Service. So I think you may be installed certain extensions. Please refer to the following screenshot, click the WCF node and to see how many templates are listed. There are 4 WCF templates in my VS2015 and VS2017. I think the WCF Data Service maybe not related to VS in default.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Yes, the existence in VS 2015 depends on config setting / the problem is despite trying to get the same setting for VS 2017 still no WcfDataService appears there. If the setting has changed please communicate how to do for VS 2017.

Friday, January 26, 2018 12:22 PM