none
Unable to find a specfic city/town via v8 search manager RRS feed

• Question

• We recently ran across an issue with the search manager not finding the town Strong, ME. The older virtual earth cannot find it either unless we add zip code. https://www.bing.com/maps finds it without issue. Can these be synchronized so the search manager can find it?

On a completely different note, I wrote a .Net tile server within a web app and just wanted to see if this was reasonable performance. I tested roughly 1.2 million locations with 2k png icons (1.178 million if you want to get picky). It is taking about 6 to 7 seconds to initially render the tons of png icons onto tiles, persist in backend and send to client for the zoomed out level. Zoomed in levels are obviously faster. Would this be considered reasonable performance?

Once generated and persisted they are lightening fast, can't even tell it is actually requesting multiple tile images at all.

Thank you

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:14 PM

Answers

• For Strong, ME, this is very odd. The Autosuggest module in V8 finds this, but the geocoding service doesn't for some reason. The Bing Maps website only uses the autosuggest module. Will have the team look into this. 

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:33 PM