Contact picker Contract and basket items

Question

• Hello guys.

quick question: is there a way to get all the basket items when implementing the contact picker contract (or at least, a list with their ids)? I've just started looking at it, but haven't seen any property or method exposed by the ContactPickerUI which would let me get those items.

In case you're wondering why I'd need this, it's because I'm using a listview to show the contacts and that means i'll end up getting the selection changed event. From there, I can get the new listview's selected items but since I can't get the items that were previously added to the basket, that means I'll be needing to do that booking so that I know which items should be removed from the basket. If  this is correct, then I'm curious to why it's not possible to recover a list with the current basket elements or its ids.

thanks

Luis Abreu

Monday, April 30, 2012 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Luis,

I am a little lost by your terminology.  Can you clarify what are 'basket items' and 'booking' and are 'current basket items'?

Are you talking about things that were selected previously with the picker?  If so, there is no history so you would be responsible for maintaining this concept in your code if you need it for something.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

I am a little lost by your terminology.  Can you clarify what are 'basket items' and 'booking' and are 'current basket items'?

Are you talking about things that were selected previously with the picker?  If so, there is no history so you would be responsible for maintaining this concept in your code if you need it for something.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:20 PM
  • Hello Jeff.

Yep, that's what I'm asking about. Since I can only get the selected items from the listview, that means that I need to have an array for keeping track of the items that were "previously" selected before the last selection change event got fired. Without doing this, I think there's no way for me to remove the basket items which are no longer selected.

It's not a big deal, but I'd really prefer to get the selected contacts from the basket..After some thinking, I'm assuming that it probably works like that so that you can get contacts from the basket that were added by other contact picker provider...

Luis Abreu

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:47 PM