none
SharePoint Workflow 2013 Confusion RRS feed

• Question

• I have been creating tasks for users on SharePoint 2010 workflow. But recently I tried creating the tasks in a 2013 Workflow. Though I have noticed that both have different approval process for users. Also 2013 has 2 types of tasks action available.

This is how users approve tasks in 2010:

But this is not the same case in 2013 Workflow. In that case Users can approve, then again reject, then again set status to 'Pending'. Why so? Why there's a difference between both. We need to do looping, so we will have to use 2013 Workflow, but at the same time how can we achieve the same 'Approval Process' as 2010 Workflow within 2013 Workflows?

Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I’m confused about “in 2013, Users can approve, then again reject, then again set status to 'Pending'” you said. Could you provide screenshots about “approve > reject > pending”?

Whatever in 2013 or 2010 approval workflow, the current task of current user is completed once user click Approve/Reject. Then user is unable to change status of this task.

Do you assign approval workflow to several users and set “Serial” in 2013 approval workflow? If yes, these tasks assigned to users are individual, and have their own status.

If you really don’t want to use 2013 approval workflows, you can create a 2010 workflow and trigger it from 2013 workflow:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sharepointdesigner/2012/08/17/how-to-trigger-a-sharepoint-2010-workflow-from-a-sharepoint-2013-workflow/

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 19, 2016 3:20 AM