Live tiles RRS feed

• Question

• how to make live tile for my app automatically without clicking a button ?!
    and the same for toast notification ?

Emam

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Emam,

Only user can decide turn live tiles on or off, more information can be found: Tiles and badges

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:26 AM
  • In Windows 8.1 you can preset the tile to poll from a URI in the appxmanifest by setting the TileUpdate element. This is exposed in the UI on the Package.appxmanifest's Application tab in the Tile Update section.

For live push notification responses the app needs to run so it can set up the channel.

--Rob

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:33 AM
  • guys, all i need is a code to set live tiles for my app automatically 

Emam

Friday, December 13, 2013 11:15 AM
  • See Working with tiles, badges, and toast notifications . Quickstart: Sending a tile update has code to update a live tile. Quickstart: Sending a toast notification has code to send a toast notification. Push notifications discusses how to push a notification from your server.

All of these rely on the app running so they can initialize the notification channels.

It's not clear what you mean by setting the tile automatically. If you want more details please provide a clearer description of the scenario you are trying to achieve and where in it you need help.

--Rob

Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:44 AM