none
How to get result exclusively in specific bound RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can i just get adresses from a specific location (a country, a region or a city). I had used LocationRect with method fromCorners, fromLocations with and LocationRect(center: Location , width:number, height:number). But i can't obtain the good result. The adresses that i get are out of my bounds. Somebody knows how to implements this ?

(Please excuse me, i have a very bad english)

Friday, July 8, 2016 9:18 AM

Answers

• The geocoder in Bing Maps does allow passing in a bounding box (LocationRect) however this does not limit the results to that area, but instead uses this information to influence the ranking of the results. By the sounds of it, the address in question may not be in the system if you are unable to find it. Can you provide the address so I can test from my end.

If you have a list of results and you want to filter them such that only those within the LocationRect are returned, you can loop through the results, take the location of each and pass it into the contains function of the LocationRect: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/mt712644.aspx

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, July 8, 2016 4:42 PM