none
Can not access IPC port RRS feed

• Question

• My vsto application in windows 7 with 32 bit machine, i got an exception "Can not create IPC port". Everything is working in my 64 bit machine. my have ms-Office 2013. i would like to know what should i need to change in registry or somewhere else to make it workable.

FYI, this is happening when i create the channel, also i am sure i havent used the channel before.

my code piece

Dim ipcChannelServer As IpcServerChannel

ipcChannelServer = New IpcServerChannel("ServerChannel")

ipcChannelServer.IsSecured = False

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(ipcChannelServer, False)

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Rosh,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Hello Rosh,

Does the same code works outside of Office addin? Can you try the same code from a windows forms application, on the same machine(windows 7 32 bit), and see if that works?

Regards,

Ajay

Friday, June 21, 2013 1:54 PM
  • AJay,

Now i had a confusion, as per you, it might be problem of my OS. but the same code was working for my excel application :(

onemore info, this is happening in some machine, not all machine :).
    • Edited by Rosh Mohan Monday, June 24, 2013 7:42 AM add more comment
    Monday, June 24, 2013 7:41 AM
  • Hello Rosh,

As it is only happening on the few machines, looks like, it has something to do with the environment. If you are able to reproduce the issue with the Windows forms application then we can be sure that it is not the Excel which is causing the issue on those machines and the problem is somewhere else.

Please let us know the result of executing the same code from the windows forms application. Also please share the exact error message and stack trace(if possible).

-Ajay

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Ajay,

You are right, i wrote a sample console application, which gave me same error "failed to create IPC port". So i confirmed that it is not of excel issue, but i would like to know what is the real issue?

please find below error log

failed to create an IPC Port : Access Denied

Source : System.Runtime.Remoting

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServiceChannel.StartListening(Object data)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Chanels.Ipc.IpcServiceChannel.SetupChannel()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServiceChannel...ctor(string PortName)

• Edited by Rosh Mohan Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:34 AM Changes
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Hello Rosh,

Thanks for the reply!

I would suggest asking the question in the correct forum so that the issue can be investigated further. The correct forum would be VB.NET realted.  

-Ajay

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 4:04 PM