none
Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643) .Net Framework 4 RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I install .Net Framework 4 on windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and it have an error "Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation." Also I can't install update .Net Framework4 How can I fix this problem

• Moved by edhickey Monday, April 4, 2011 7:21 PM (From:.NET 4: Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 9:12 AM

All replies

• hi nguyen danh tho,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

The error code 0x80070643, decimal 1603 means " ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE". It is a generic catch-all error code that means "Fatal error during installation". The 1603 error code is returned when any action fails during an installation, and most commonly it indicates that one of the custom actions in the MSI failed.

To find the cause of this error, we will need to collect the installation logs and anaylze them. Would you pleases follow the steps below to install the .NET Framework 4.0 again, and collect the log files for me?

If the installation still failed, would you please follow the steps below to collect the installation log files?

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards, 

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:42 AM
  • I sent vslogs.cab file to you but I don't receive any reply.
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:18 PM
  • Hi nguyen danh tho,

I apologize for the delay response.

I have check your installation log files, and find the error messages below:

MSI (s) (34:00) [21:46:19:459]: Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile -- Error 1406. Could not write value Version to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client.  System error .  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
    Error 1406. Could not write value Version to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client.  System error .  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Also, it indicate that the installation fail at component "netfx_Core_x64.msi":
    [4/5/2011, 21:45:37]MSI (D:\79ce6271fcb54e058b3b\netfx_Core_x64.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Did you run the setup with Administrator privilege? If not, would you please run the setup with Administrator privilege and try again?

You can perform the steps below:

First, I notice that you have several removable device connect to your computer, would you please remove them during the installation?

Second, please check the following link to repair your Windows Installer?
    Please check: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/vista-the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed/

Then, please open Registry Editor via Start menu -> Run -> type regedit -> OK, and check whether or not the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\ registry key exists.

• If the key exists, please right-click the key -> Permissions, and make sure your user account have the FULL Control to the key;
    • If the key does not exist, please check the permission of key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\, also make FULL Contral of your account.

NOTE: Before you edit the registry, you’d better export the keys in the registry that you plan to edit, or back up the whole registry.

If a problem occurs, you can then follow the steps in the How to restore the registry section of this article to restore the registry to its previous state.

If this still no avail, would you please try the steps in this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222 to restore security settings to a known working state? It introduces several methods and tools to resolve a permissions issue.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 8, 2011 8:03 AM