none
Open Async Connection fails (timeout) on local SQL Server 2000 instance RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Studio 2005 w/.Net 1.1/2.0/3.0 SDK's and Both SQL Server 2000/2005 on the same development machine; I am unable to call Connection.Open on the local Sql Server 2000 instance when the connection string contains "async=true"; the error number is -2 (timeout).

I am familiar with the issue of shared memory when running a local instance of SQL 2000 and I have tried all of the workarounds described in articles on async commands in ADO.Net by Pablo Castro and at Dino Esposito's blog including forcing the "tcp:" prefix in the connection string; Are there any other checks I can make to help isolate the problem?

Signed,

Completely Stumped

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:34 PM

All replies

• Moving to more appropriate forum.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:06 PM
  • Daniel - which forum did you move this thread to?
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:36 PM
  • I moved it to .Net Framework Data Access and Storage which is the forum for general questions related to database access using .net technlogies.  It was originally posted to the Orcas ADO.Net forum which is about new ado.net features in the upcoming visual studio release code named Orcas.

Now that the thread is moved, hopefully someone from this forum which has more appropriate context will jump in and provide some suggestions.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 6:16 PM