resources not working in asp.net 4???? RRS feed

• Question

• User-558516119 posted

Hi,

I have 2 web applications. Both applications have the same resource "configuration":

App_GlobalResources folder and within it the following resx files: Global.resx, Global.ar-EG.resx, Global.fr-FR.resx, Global.it-IT.resx

I use the following code to initialize the threads' culture:

var cult = Request.QueryString["cult"] ?? string.Empty;

//some validation for correct culture format happens here...

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo( cult ,true);
                System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo(cult , true);
                Culture = UICulture = cult ;

This works in my first application (.NET 3.5) and when i switch between cultures i get different labels for my controls and all that. I used this method for many websites and web applications... nothing new about it.

In my .net 4 application I  get ONLY the DEFAULT resx values. I use the exact same code in the exact same places (Page_PreInit) in both applications. Why is it not working?

(it's driving me nuts!)

Thanks,

Eyal

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:50 PM

Answers

• User-1366948256 posted

Globalization and Localization has nothing to do with asp.net 4.0. It should some thing else

Please check your code.

Cheers,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:02 AM

All replies

• User-1366948256 posted

Globalization and Localization has nothing to do with asp.net 4.0. It should some thing else

Please check your code.

Cheers,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:02 AM
  • User-558516119 posted

I know it has nothing to do with it but that was the only difference between the 2 apps.

anyway! I changed it and instead of putting it under Page_PreInit I overridden InitializeCulture. That solved it... from now on i'll just use this method because i guess it's the proper one :)

Thanks,

Eyal

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:43 AM