none
A problem was encountered when creating the sub project

Question

• When i create a new universal application.  A problem was encountered creating the sub project APPTest.Windows Phone. The project file 'C\ users\administrator\documents\ visual studio 2015' cannot been opened.

There is a missing project subtype. Subtype: '{76F1466A-8B6D-4E39-A767-685A06062A39} is unsupported by this installation'

Please give some suggestions.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi allan,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your VS2015? Have you installed the update1?

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Community update1. And it works well in my side.

Please restart your machine and close other third party program then try it again.

Since you can't create the UWP application. Please try to restore the template of your Visual Studio. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE)

2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.

3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

Also try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it(devenv /safemode).

If above suggestions still no help. I suppose there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio 2015.

Please try to repair it or install the Update1 then try it again.

Hope that could be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by allan_ong Saturday, March 05, 2016 2:12 AM
    Thursday, March 03, 2016 1:06 AM