Display Access Attachment Images in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-1770739473 posted

New to the forum, so apologize in advance if this question has already been answered, however, I'm looking for examples of how to display image files which have been stored in Access 2007 as "attachments".  The files are already in place as attachments to the database, and would be difficult to move in bulk to individual files.  To store and call them individually by filename would have been my first choice, but they are already in place as attachments.  At any rate, I have no problem connecting to and querying the database in asp.net for other fields, but have been unsuccessful in displaying these jpeg attachments.  Any examples or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob 

Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:49 PM

All replies

• User1408790675 posted

hi bob, how do you display this images? in a gridview or as a bitmap in asp.net page?

Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:37 AM
  • User-1770739473 posted

Thanks for the reply, I had planned to display them as a bitmap in an asp.net page, but I've been unsuccessful so far. 

Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:49 AM
  • User-1199946673 posted

I'm looking for examples of how to display image files which have been stored in Access 2007 as "attachments". 

I don't understand what you mean with "attachments"? If you want to know how to insert images in Access and display them using ASP.NET, read this:

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article/123/Storing-Files-and-Images-in-Access-with-ASP.NET

If you mean with attachments that you stored images within the Access UI, I'm not sure if you can display them in ASP.NET, because I'm not sure how they're stored...

Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:26 PM
  • User-1770739473 posted

Access 2007 has added a new field data type that they call "attachment".  It is different from the OLE Object data type, and is supposed to save by storing the actual compressed file as an "attachment" (although the database bloat problem is still there).  The files that I am working with are stored in this data type, and are easily managed and worked with from within Access 2007.  I just can't seem to display them from asp.net.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:36 PM