none
.NET Framework 2.0 install command line options & UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am running a .NET Framework 2.0 silent install, but with the progress bar showing. I would also like to show some text on the UI that shows the user what is happening as the install progresses (e.g. "Installing <filenames>..."). Using the "qb" command line option at least gets me the progress bar, but does anyone know if there is any other switch available that would get me that extra information in the dialog box? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Randy
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Kanchan, thank you for your reply. Although that did indeed perform a silent install, it only showed the msi extraction process, but no other UIs. I will just stick with the /qb switch, at least it gives a progress bar. Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,

Randy
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:03 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:16 PM

All replies

• Using just /q should show the progress and will still not require user interaction. Can you please give it a shot?
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:19 PM
  • Hi Kanchan, thank you for your reply. Although that did indeed perform a silent install, it only showed the msi extraction process, but no other UIs. I will just stick with the /qb switch, at least it gives a progress bar. Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,

Randy
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:03 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:16 PM