none
Regrading Battery Drain in Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit after upgrading RAM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Lenovo G500 laptop which initially came with 2GB ram. I upgraded RAM to 6 GB and formatted and installed windows 7 64 bit.

Two problems:

1. Battery Drain increased.

2. System heating increased.

I am thinking to install now windows 10 pro 64 bit. Will it solve the problem?

Also Tell me why battery drains so quickly and about heating problems also.

NITINKK

Sunday, September 3, 2017 5:54 PM

All replies

• this web site is for help in writing software. hardware question is off-topic here. The computer's manufacturer would the best one to contact for question about how their hardware work with a specific version of Windows. 

Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, September 3, 2017 10:17 PM
  • Hi NITINKK.

This question should be asked in the Microsoft Community for Windows, which is more appropriate for this kind of topics.
    Anyway, you have installed additional RAM, therefore it is not strange that battery power consumption has increased: there is more hardware in your system which demands more energy, of course.
    Maybe a BIOS update could help you solving this issue as well as the increased heating, but I suggest you to contact Lenovo Support and ask for assistance.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:17 PM