none
Advice and Pointers for using Sharepoint to keep track of supplies RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for some pointers on whether I could implement on SharePoint server. I would like to create a simple supplies database where numbers of supplies are tracked. There would be a form that a user can fill out to take supplies from storage (or add to) and when a certain threshold is reached, a notification is sent by email to our manager to order some more supplies. 

Would it be possible to do this using the SharePoint Access Web Apps? Or would this be tied to SharePoint lists? I have looked around for a similar application and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? Has this been implemented before? Would it be easy for a novice SharePoint user to create without additional code, or is this more advanced?

Thanks in advance.

Anton

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:06 PM

All replies

• SharePoint List is ok, but you may need to implement workflow.

My thought is here:

using two lists, one is for filling out forms for users called ListA, and the other is for statistic and alert called ListB.

when user filling out forms in ListA, a workflow will be triggerred and update the data in ListB.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

Is any update for your issue?

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:13 AM