Coonecting to any Sql Server 2008 from windows mobile 6.x RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I have HTC HD2 Windows Mobile and i need to install sql server management studio or some thing like that so i can connect to any remote sql server 2008 from my mobile device.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I think you need to create a web service on your SQL Server, like SOAP etc. On you mobile client you can create a application which can call these web services, so that on your mobile client you can control your SQL Server.

I hope my suggestions can help you to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, June 6, 2011 1:59 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I never tried with SQL server 2008 but could successfully connect to SQL server 2005.

Please try the same instructions with SQL server 2008.

http://www.malleswar.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=17

Regards, Malleswar
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Dear Sir,

thks for your early Response, i have visited the link provided by you, but the thing is that i have a software and web site company, and we have many customers of dynamic websites with SQL SERVER database on Remote SQL SERVER Hosted on my Web Servers, and i need to connect to difffrent server/database frequently, so i need a solution like SMO (SQL Server Management Object), is it possible.

Thks

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:58 AM
  • Hello,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I think you need to create a web service on your SQL Server, like SOAP etc. On you mobile client you can create a application which can call these web services, so that on your mobile client you can control your SQL Server.

I hope my suggestions can help you to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, June 6, 2011 1:59 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

As Jesse mentioned, Creating Middle layer( Webservice or WCF service) is better idea. It will be easy for future extensions also.

Regards, Malleswar
    Friday, May 27, 2011 9:42 AM