Problem for some users opening attachments RRS feed

• Question

•  

We currently have an issue with some users who try to open attachments from a form that has been submitted.  When the designated approver of a form open the file in the InfoPath client they see the attachments/control but they are not allow to open it.  Other users including myself are able to open them just fine. Here are a few more details of the environment and working conditions.

The form is a InfoPah 2007 Filler form published to MOSS 2007 form library.  The form template and library are both set to have the form opened and submitted through the client.

When the user uploads an attachment through the control they can double click and open the file before it is submitted. Once the file has been saved/submitted the file icon and name is 'greyed out' for them after the .xml file is re-opened.

I have a group of users that have  Contribute and Approve permissions set that can open the files and the attachments.  I have other users with the same permissions who cannot.

Any clues?

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just to isolate the issue, if users who see the file name greyed out login from another machine where it is working for some approvers, does it work?

If permissions are correct in SharePoint, it can be client specific.

Try following in InfoPath 2007 for non-working user: 

Open the InfoPath client -->Tools  -->Form Options  -->select the Compatibility category -->check the 'Design a form template that can be opened in a browser or InfoPath'  -click Ok

Hope that helps.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:57 PM