.net framework v2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• i'm wondering if i really need .net framework v2.0, i know it's an optional update on the Custom Page? i have 1.1 net framework XP Home.

Processor Architecture: Intel
    CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    Processor Level: Pentium III or higher (15)
    Processor Revision: Model 4 Stepping 1
    Approximate CPU Clock Rate: 3057 MHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Page Size: 4,096 bytes (4.00 KB)
    Allocation Unit: 65,536 bytes (64.00 KB)
    Minimum Application Address: 65,536
    Maximum Application Address: 2,147,418,111
    Slow Machine: No

also i would like to know, if i need to uninstall 1.1 framework, before installing 2.0 framework?

thanks.

best regards.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:14 AM

Answers

• If you need to ask, you probably don't need it.  You obviously need it to write .NET 2.0 apps, and to run them.  That's all you need it for.  I suspect you're not writing any apps at all ? If that's the case, this question is actually off topic here, but the answer is no.  You don't need it, anything that needs it will let you know, and will come with it or download it for you.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:58 AM

All replies

• "i'm wondering if i really need .net framework v2.0"...
    That depends, if you are using Visual Studio 2005 or wanting to execute any applications using 2.0 then you do. Otherwise guess not. You can have 1.1 and 2.0 installed side by side. I don't see any reason to specifically avoid installing 2.0

Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi
    www.sedodream.com
    Sunday, June 11, 2006 5:10 AM
  • Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:16 AM
  • If you need to ask, you probably don't need it.  You obviously need it to write .NET 2.0 apps, and to run them.  That's all you need it for.  I suspect you're not writing any apps at all ? If that's the case, this question is actually off topic here, but the answer is no.  You don't need it, anything that needs it will let you know, and will come with it or download it for you.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:58 AM