Powerpivot with circular dependencies RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to calculate product costs for finished and semi finished products.

I have related tables for raw materials, finished and semi finished products. In addition I also have a table for the recipes for each product. In order to make some of the finished product, we first need to make the semi-finished.

When I try to calculate the costs per product, it says I have a circular dependency. In the recipe table I calculate the unit costs or the semi finished and then in turn I need to unit costs to absorb that unit costs in the next product.

How can I get around this circular dependency?

I appreciate your help.

Robert

Sunday, February 18, 2018 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question.

>>>When I try to calculate the costs per product, it says I have a circular dependency. In the recipe table I calculate the unit costs or the semi finished and then in turn I need to unit costs to absorb that unit costs in the next product.
    How can I get around this circular dependency?
    Would you mind sharing your DAX formula that has circular dependency issue? It is much better if you can type out 5 to 10 records and share the expected results based on that sample data.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:41 AM