Is there a way to replay a packet or sequence of packets in Netmon 3.3? RRS feed

• Question

• First, Paul, if you see this.  What's up?  Been a long time.  I'm kfrost.  Tell Lou I said hello if he's still around.

On to the question.  I have a PCL device that I'm trying to interface with.   I have some software which I don't have the source to that sends some UDP traffic to it and it responds.  I'm trying to recreate the packet that gets this device to start talking to my application.  (Long story but documentation is non existant.)

Where I'm at right now, I have a sniff of communication that works.  What I'm want to do is take some of the packets and replay them on my test network.  In the full version of Network monitor that used to ship with SMS, there used to be this capability.

But in Netmon 3.3 I downloaded from MS website, I can't find this functionality.

How would one go about doing this with 3.3 or is there a "Full Version" I need to get where this functionality is present?

Thanks.

kfrost
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hey Kris, great to hear from you again. 

Unforutnately we didn't move that feature forward when we did Network Monitor 3.  Some of the APIs changed in this domain which made that functionallity change.  Though I think there are applications that do this, metasploit and Traffic IQ come to mind.

Thanks,

Paul
    • Marked as answer by kfrost Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:00 PM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hey Kris, great to hear from you again. 

Unforutnately we didn't move that feature forward when we did Network Monitor 3.  Some of the APIs changed in this domain which made that functionallity change.  Though I think there are applications that do this, metasploit and Traffic IQ come to mind.

Thanks,

Paul
    • Marked as answer by kfrost Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:00 PM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:40 PM
  • Cool, Thanks Paul.  I'll check them out.

kfrost
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:00 PM