none
Bug in MapLocationFinder.FindLocationsAtAsync RRS feed

• Question

• I found a Bug using the Microsoft.Windows.SDK.Contracts 10.0.18362.2005 Nuget package for Winforms/WPF (.NET 4.7.2) with the MapLocation API. The application does not close after issuing the MapLocationFinder.FindLocationsAtAsync call. It works fine with UWP apps. Here is the DMP Stacktrace after closing the app.

ntdll.dll!_NtWaitForSingleObject@12() Unknown
      KERNELBASE.dll!WaitForSingleObjectEx() Unknown
      MapConfiguration.dll!Pal::ManualResetEvent::wait(void) Unknown
      MapConfiguration.dll!Pal::TimerImplWinRT::cancel(void) Unknown
      MapConfiguration.dll!MapControl::ConfigurationManager::stopTimer(void) Unknown
      MapConfiguration.dll!MapControl::ConfigurationManager::~ConfigurationManager(void) Unknown
      MapConfiguration.dll!ConfigurationManagerAdapter::`vector deleting destructor'(unsigned int) Unknown
      MapConfiguration.dll!Microsoft::WRL::Details::RuntimeClassImpl<struct Microsoft::WRL::RuntimeClassFlags<1>,1,1,0,struct IConfigurationManager>::Release(void) Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!Microsoft::WRL::ComPtr<struct Windows::Foundation::IAsyncOperationCompletedHandler<class Windows::Services::Maps::LocalSearch::LocalLocationFinderResult *> >::InternalRelease(void) Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!MapControl::Finder::SearchManager::~SearchManager(void) Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!MapControl::Finder::SearchManager::`vector deleting destructor'(unsigned int) Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!BingFinderOperation::OnDllUnload(void) Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!_DllMain@12() Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!dllmain_dispatch() Unknown
      MapGeocoder.dll!__DllMainCRTStartup@12() Unknown
      ntdll.dll!_LdrxCallInitRoutine@16() Unknown
      ntdll.dll!LdrpCallInitRoutine() Unknown
      ntdll.dll!LdrShutdownProcess() Unknown
      ntdll.dll!RtlExitUserProcess() Unknown
      kernel32.dll!_ExitProcessImplementation@4() Unknown
      mscoreei.dll!RuntimeDesc::ShutdownAllActiveRuntimes(unsigned int,class RuntimeDesc *,enum RuntimeDesc::ShutdownCompatMode) Unknown
      mscoreei.dll!CLRRuntimeHostInternalImpl::ShutdownAllRuntimesThenExit(unsigned int) Unknown
      mscoreei.dll!__CorExeMain@0() Unknown
      mscoree.dll!_ShellShim__CorExeMain@0() Unknown
      mscoree.dll!__CorExeMain_Exported@0() Unknown
      ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart() Unknown
      ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8() Unknown

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

Can you provide the details of the code causing this issue?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:14 PM
    Owner
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Here is the method that is causing the issue.

var pointToReverseGeocode = new Geopoint(myLocation);

var result = await MapLocationFinder.FindLocationsAtAsync(pointToReverseGeocode); <-After calling this, the application does not close. If I comment it out, the application closes. 

You will need to add the following Nuget package to the project.
    https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Windows.SDK.Contracts/10.0.18362.2005

Thank you,
    Anthony

Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:35 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the extra detail. I have escalated your issue to the control team for review and they are looking for what might be causing the issue but I have no answer from them as yet.

Can you move forward without the ASync call in the mean time or are you blocked?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:56 PM
    Owner
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Yes, I can move forward with something else.

Thanks,

Anthony

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:09 PM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Do you have an update from your Team regarding this bug?

Thanks,

Anthony

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:38 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

The team agrees that this looks like a deadlock but that you are using the UWP control with a WPF wrapper as the WPF control would not produce this stack.  Your steps seem to indicate that there is a problem introduced by the Wrapper as you state the UWP control does not exhibit the issue.  I have asked them for an update on their investigation.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:00 PM
    Owner