none
Win 7 & VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry for cross posting, but this is only one of two forums that I ever get any answers...

I bought a new computer, Win 7 64 bit, and applied all updates. After installing VS2008, I not only had updates for VS2008, but now it tells me I need updates for XP(sp3), a number of Office 2007 apps, and other stuff. Is this normal? Should I apply these updates? Why do I need an update for XP(sp3) if I'm running Win 7, or is that something related to VS2008?

I don't want to upgrade to VS2010 yet, so I would just like to know what I'm up against here.

Lamblion
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Allow all updates to come in. Microsoft updates may come from several areas. They will only install if compatible.

VS 2008 will trigger a lot of updates on a fresh install.

My MVP is for the Windows Desktop Experience, i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT

Remote Assistance is available for a fee.

I am best with C++ and I am learning C# using Visual Studio 2010

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Monday, March 14, 2011 1:12 AM

All replies

• Visit the Windows Update forum on answers.microsoft.com if you think an update is delivered to you incorrectly.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:11 AM
  • Thank you much for the answer. I wasn't sure, but your answer is reassuring.
    Lamblion
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:46 AM