Publishing updates to Azure website, now getting "You do not have permission to view this directory or page." RRS feed

• Question

• I've gathered from reading other questions that the desktop client is now found at http://xxxx.azurewebsites.net/client

Going to that page does say it is installing the latest desktop client and that I should now access it from the start menu. However, it's not installing anything anywhere.

I've checked "documents/Microsoft/lightswitch/settings and manifests and there is no new entry for the new version of my application.

What now?!? Thanks!

EDIT:

I've deleted and recreated the azure website to make sure there weren't any old files and I'm having the same problem. Says it installs the desktop client, but nothing is added to the start menu or the lightswitch folders.

• Edited by Rick Dorris Monday, November 3, 2014 7:43 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 7:41 PM

Answers

• Found a solution:

Go to the website http://xxxxx/client and after it says that the new version has installed, RIGHT CLICK on the background and choose Remove this Application.

It then immediately showed the install button and everything upgraded fine.

• Marked as answer by Rick Dorris Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:00 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Rick,

According to the error message, if you are using Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 or higher and have upgraded your LightSwitch project to V3 or higher (or added an HTML Client project), then you will need to navigate to the corresponding client subfolder. i.e. myazurewebsite.net/Client for desktop, myazurewebsite.net/HTMLClient for HTML.

At the same time you need also check your deployment procedure, see:LightSwitch Apps to Azure Websites

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:39 AM
  • Hi Angie,

In my message, I did state that I was going to the client folder and that the app says it's installing. However, nothing installs and there's no shortcut created in the start folder or on the desktop.

This is an app we have installed to Azure web sites previously, but have not updated in the past 10 months or so. Seems like something has changed...

Thanks.

Rick

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:09 PM
  • Have you tried installing the application on a machine where it wasn't previously installed?  Sometime Silverlight "thinks" an app is still there even though it has been removed.  If you can try installing it on a machine that hasn't had it before we can rule some cases out.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:55 PM
  • We have the app installed on every machine in the office :(

Is there a way to fully remove the app from a machine before I try installing again?

Rick

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:48 PM
  • Check this folder and see if there is a folder for the app, if there is, delete the app's folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:57 PM
  • Only folder under OutOfBrowser is "index".
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:59 PM
  • I have found a machine that did not have the client installed on it and it installed fine.

So, how do I fully remove the app from the other machines so that I can install it?

Thanks for the help!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Found a solution:

Go to the website http://xxxxx/client and after it says that the new version has installed, RIGHT CLICK on the background and choose Remove this Application.

It then immediately showed the install button and everything upgraded fine.

• Marked as answer by Rick Dorris Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:00 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:00 PM